Thursday, December 9, 2010

My Favorite Year

From Julie Christofferson, Nebo District Fine Arts Coordinator:

Dear Production Team for My Favorite Year,
Sorry for the belated message, but I really needed to tell you how much I enjoyed your musical this year.  It was delightful and fun!  The students were well prepared and did an awesome job of acting, singing and playing.  I had not seen this show before, but felt the story had a great flow to it and followed it well.  All elements came together beautifully.  Thanks again for all the long hours and stress you put up with to provide your students with this type of experience!  It is gratifying to see the amount of growth both in maturity and character that kids undergo while participating in this type of cooperative project.  Not only is it very aesthetically satisfying for the students, they learn important life skills that are hard to develop in other kinds of circumstances.  I am reminded that we teach kids, not subjects!  Please pass along my congratulations to the students as well as any other staff or volunteers who helped with the production!

No comments:

Post a Comment